Sunday, September 24, 2006

September 24, 2006 First Mates notes

This is the only lighthouse in Indiana and it is located in Michigan City. We took a ride today and I can see where it would be a great place in season. It has a very large marina and a beautiful beach. We didn't stay too long since the wind was blowing sand everywhere. I managed to snap this picture however, and then we went to the outlet mall. No....we did not spend a lot of money, but we did pick up a few small things.
The sun finally decided to come out just before we left to come back to Hammond. Craig washed the boat this afternoon and I chilled out and watched some football. Fixed dinner and that was about it for the day. We are looking forward to Emil coming tomorrow and to get back on the water and move again. We have some very busy days ahead with locks and bridges, but having the extra hands on board will be a big help. Don't know if Emil is prepared for all this work, but I don't cook unless you work and do your share on this trip. So far this has been pretty easy for the First Mate, but the real work begins in the rivers. Locks can be intimidating, but we have done several in the Trent and up North, so it isn't entirely foreign to me. Till next time .........Mary Lou and Craig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home