Tuesday, October 17, 2006

October 17, 2006 First Mate again

Hello everyone, Well I guess I left you all yesterday with rain and our night out at Harvey's. We were told the restaurant was fine dining so we dressed up somewhat. Craig in khaki's and sweater and me in dress pants with a sweater. When we arrived we quickly discovered that fine dining in the south is dress blue jeans and some sort of glitzy top for women and sport coat with jeans for men. Dinner was great and as always the Southern hospitality is great. I did notice that the girls are all very cute and the men quite gentlemanlike. We decided all the looper men are growing lots of facial hair and the women are struggling with hairstyles to meet the different lengths as they move along.
We got back from dinner to a very wet galley. I used all my dishtowels, 2 chamois, and a bath towel to soak up the water that had accumulated while we were gone.
I woke up at 3:30 and decided to check on the situation. To my dismay, I discovered that the headliner over the sink was sagging with water in it. I woke Craig and after some discussion we decided to slit the liner enough to let the water out before the whole thing came crashing down. It did help, but obviously did not solve the real problem. Craig called Cruiser this morning and to my surprise are having someone come to Mobile to work on it. Naturally that will mess up plans with Steph and Louie, but we have to get it fixed and they are going to make the effort, so we can't really turn them away. I'd like to do more than turn them away, but that would not accomplish much for us now would it??
Woke up to more rain, but as the day progressed we actually got some clear skies and sunshine. The humidity was really high and the heat intense. Craig washed the outside of the boat, and I cleaned the helm station and below deck. Boy was it dirty. I hate to start with locks again tomorrow and having to handle all the dirty lines, etc.
Planning to have dinner on the boat tonight, and then turn in early. We are going to leave early to get three more locks done and cover 120 miles to get to Demopolis. Marinas are few and far between for the next few days, so it's travel long days or anchor. I vote to travel long days. Hopefully Craig will be able to get some pictures on next time. Till then.....Hugs, Captain and First mate signing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home