October 30, 2006 First Mate
Sunday morning we got up and out by 9:30 a.m. Only a half hour past our scheduled time. It was a beautiful day and the sun was out, the sky was blue and the water smooth. We could not have asked for a better day!!!
It was a lot of fun traveling with Ward and Ingrid since this area was all familiar to them. They were our private tour guides filling us in on lots of the good stuff around here. Arrived in Sandestin in about three and a half hours later. Beautiful marina with lots to do. We took a walk and ended up at Hammerheads for lunch. A great little bar and grill on the water. The hamburgers were the biggest I've ever seen.
Went from there to Rumrunners to watch the Pittsburgh game. Ingrid did some walking around but I am such a football buff I stayed with the boys. I'm no fool!!!
After we sat around long enough it was dinner time so we went to Nick and Jim's Barbeque Ribs for some further nourishment. One thing is a certain....we will not starve on this trip whether we are on or off the boat.
Came back to the boat and were just getting ready to watch a video when we heard fireworks starting. We ran to the back of the boat and there was a beautiful display of fireworks. We were really excited to see them. It was such a surprise. Naturally Ward and Ingrid took the credit and said they ordered them. Smarty pants!!! Captain Craig will put the pictures on tonight. I still haven't mastered that little detail. Till tonight....First Mate

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home