Thursday, November 02, 2006

November 2, 2006 First Mate

Well we have finally arrived at Carrabelle. Our last stop before the big trip in the big water of the Gulf. We left Ward and Ingrid this morning and headed here about 8:45. It was a nice ride with minimal boat traffic until we reached Appalachacolo. There was a Seafood Festival and the boats were pouring into the marinas there. We did run into a little fog, but didn't last too long and we were able to find all the buoys just fine.
We arrived at Mooring's about 2:15 which was really 3:15 since we lost an hour getting here. Back to Eastern Standard time. Very confusing. I never know what day or hour it is anymore. Poor Ward and Ingrid were on board three days and had their time changed twice.
Did some laundry and then just vegged. I am looking forward to being lazy for a few days. This is a nice marina, but not a lot to do around here. There is a grocery store close by (walking distance) so we will get a chance to restock a few things. Looks like this may be my chance to try and win a few card games. Or.......lose some more.
We passed Barb and Paul (a couple we met earlier in the loop and had dinner with in Mobile) and they are now docked right behind us. A very nice couple who have done this trip 4 times. God Bless them!!!!!! I have had a wonderful time and do not regret one minute of this trip......however I doubt I would want to do it again. It is a lot of work, and a lot of stress.
Dinner will be on the boat tonight and I assume will be again and again while we are here. I didn't see any great restaurants we need to visit. The captain will blog more later or tomorrow with some pictures. I really think I could do it, but he needs to feel important. Till next time.....The First Mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home