September 30, 2006 First Mate

Hello everyone, I am going to update you with yesterday's news first and then perhaps add some of today if the captain doesn't intervene first. We decided to go to Peoria with Tim's car (the kid who works on the dock). We took the portable GPS just in case we needed it. Tim told us the car ran a little rough, but he didn't tell us that everything under the hood, and under the car either rattled, thumped, clicked, or dragged. It did get us to Peoria however and we took a walk to the waterfront, then started looking for a place for lunch. As we walked up the hill from the waterside area.....I thought we had arrived in the city of Robots. Caterpillar has it's headquarters there and everyone came walking down the streets in their business attire and straight to the food vendors on the corner. They had everything from Tamales, to Gyros, to Asian Food, to hamburgers and hotdogs. They all stood patiently in line, collected their lunches and went directly to the cement wall to eat their sandwiches or whatever, in the cold. It was very windy and very brisk. It looked like a fair with the ducks all lined up and you shoot at them. One by one they finished their lunches and would leave. Thus leaving a blank spot on the wall. WEIRD!!!!!! We chose to eat at a Cafe inside where it was warmer. It too was packed with business people having lunch. I don't think anyone noticed that we were boaters however. We blended right in with the shirts and ties and heels on the women. We were in boat shoes with boating attire and boat heads. Didn't seem to faze (sp.?) anyone including ourselves. We left there and headed for the grocery store. When we finally found it I shouted at the captain ......There it is captain....Starboard at one o'clock. I have definitely become a boater!!!! After we got through shopping we headed back to the marina. I don't want to say we made a wrong turn somewhere, but not only was I yelling (no hitting, Marissa) but the voice on the GPS was getting impatient as well. By the time we reached the marina, Emil was ready to throw the flag and call a penalty on both the captain and First mate. Did we have a good day??? You bet we did!! Now for today.....Saturday. We were awakened by the Captain bright and early to leave for the long day we had ahead of us. WRONG AGAIN!!!! We lucked out with the lock and they put us in before a barge that was waiting. Saved us at least a couple of hours. Then we only encountered a couple of barges and we sailed right through to Tall Timbers Marina. I will let Craig tell you about that experience, but I can say it is my favorite spot so far. We love it here!!! So until next time (and who knows when that will be) Love ya all, and miss everyone, ML

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home