Sunday, November 05, 2006

November 5, 2006 First Mate

Well yesterday came and went before I knew it. We had a nice bike ride to the hardware store and then to a shrimp boat where we found it in port and got a couple pounds of fresh shrimp. We may have to go back tomorrow to see if they are in port again. It's sort of a deal where you never know, but if you luck out....you luck out.
Had drinks on Barb and Paul's boat and then to dinner with them at Riverview Restaurant. It is a stretch to say it is a restaurant. It was not much to speak of and the food was awful. I ordered a chicken pot pie and it had two small pieces of chicken. They must get a lot of mileage out of one chicken.
This morning found me not feeling so great. I got a call from Joan (my sister) and then I went back to bed. I slept until 5:00 p.m. tonight. Just couldn't get awake. Guess I finally hit the wall. I feel much better tonight, but most likely won't sleep since I slept the day away.
I did manage to fix some dinner and actually ate it.
Looks like we are going to be here until Thursday. The forcast for today was small craft warnings with 7-9 foot waves. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are not much better, but it does look like it is going to slowly get better. That takes us to Thursday as our best possisble crossing. There are four other boats in here. Three of us are waiting to cross so we may try to stick together giving the "girls" a little less stress to deal with. The men seem to enjoy the challenge, but I have found talking with the F irst Mates that they are a little less adventurous.
Almost forgot to tell you that we talked with another couple last night who went to dinner somewhere else and they saw a big black bear eating out of the garbage when they left the restaurant. I actually thought it was pretty cool, but then again I wasn't there!!! Till next time we remain in port waiting patiently for mother nature to cooperate for the crossing. Hugs, First Mate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home