Tuesday, November 14, 2006

November 14, 2006 First Mate



Yesterday found us up early and bidding Dean and Terry a fond farewell. They bailed ship about 7 a.m. and headed back to work. Sounds like a yukky idea to me!!!
Rob, Karen, Captain and I headed for Longboat Key. It was a wonderful morning with light chop until we got closer to our destination when it got nice and smooth. We have a wonderful spot at the moorings against the wall and were greeted by a darling young man from England. First thing he mentioned was that we were going to get beat in the football game this weekend. Sure hope not!!! GO BUCKS!!!!!!
The marina is very nice and very clean. We walked to lunch at the little restaurant here and then we signed up for the bus to go shopping. The boys hosed off the boat and then we played two games of euchre which the girls proceeded to win!!!! Put that down somewhere important because that seldom happens.
Went shopping and I did buy a couple of things for myself. Nothing much, but at least I did find some stuff. Up until now I haven't found my size or didn't like anything. The sizes are increasing as I go along. I am beginning to look like tubby the tuba!! Boating is dangerous to your clothes size.
Came back to the boat and played some more cards which ended with the boys winning all three games. Now that's what I'm talkin about!!!!! More like the usual outcome.
We had dinner on the boat (something I did not do when Dean and Terry were aboard...sorry guys) and then we just hung out and watched a little TV. We were all dozing in our seats by 9:30 except Rob who was waiting for his nightly backrub before he fell asleep. We won't go there except to say Karen thinks I spoiled my kids!!!!! I'll just tell you I didn't rub his back until he fell asleep when he was home.
Tomorrow will be our last blog of the first half of the loop. I am not looking forward to it. I am however looking forward to seeing everyone when we get back to Findlay. We will be arriving on Sunday around 3:00 p.m. into Detroit. Then it will be "pull on the rollerskates" and start preparing for the holidays. So till tomorrow.......Hugs, the First Mate
The pictures are in the courtyard at the marina. Nice spot eh???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home