Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 31, 2007 Glouschester Point on York River






Up early, but not as early as I think the captain thought I should be. We left port about 10 a.m. and took our time. We fueled at Portsmouth Boating Center at $2.339 per gal..The water was totally flat and the day was beautiful. We left Norfolk and took a short ride over to Hampton before going up the York River.




Marilyn and Dave seemed to enjoy every minute!!! Marilyn managed a little rest and Dave worked the charts to the York River. We took a ride up the River and really didn't see a whole lot. I was expecting the river to be narrow...It most certainly was not that at all. It was a much larger body of water than we thought but it was peaceful and quiet with little boat traffic. We went as far as West Point and then headed back to the marina. We did get a couple of pictures along the way.




The captain seemed to be enjoying the trip as well.....and this I might add was taken BEFORE cocktail hour.




We ended up having dinner at the restaurant here in the York River Yacht Haven marina and it was very good. They also had a full marina store. We really had a nice quiet evening with lots of relaxation. Tomorrow we plan on going to Yorktowne, Williamsburg, and Jamestown to do the historical stuff. Till then....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home