Tuesday, June 05, 2007

June 5,2007 In port at Solomon's

Are you all getting tired of hearing about the wonderful time we are having? It was yet another beautiful day with plenty of sunshine and HOT temperatures.
I had a hard time pulling myself out of bed, but when I finally did I discovered that Marilyn had just rolled out as well. After breakfast....Marilyn, Craig, and Dave took the bikes and rode to the Drum Point Lighthouse. They also visited the Calvert Museum. They were all very impressed with both. I was a party pooper and stayed back to get some things done that needed to be done on board.
The boys went to the grocery store afterward and brought back some great looking shrimp. It is a gourmet grocery and they had quite a good time shopping. We have been very lucky with finding things that we need in ports. We have also managed to get transportation when needed.
The boys then found some adirondack chairs and we all sat for a bit. Marilyn and I gave up when it got pretty windy and we headed for the boat. Two hours later the guys showed up. They had quite rest I guess. Marilyn and I played some cards.
Dinner tonight consisted of the Shrimp, great cheeses with crackers, beefsteak tomatoes with fresh Mozzarella cheese, and some rosemary bread with dipping sauce. YUMMY. Somehow we never seem to go hungry.
Everyone decided on an early bedtime since we are going to get up early tomorrow and head for Annapolis. It hardly seems possible that Hackenbergs only have a couple more days on board.
After trying to put pictures on for the fourth time....I give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home